quarta-feira, 4 de novembro de 2009

What shall we say now?

There's a new trend,
and love
is no longer claimed
to our mother language.

I've got some ideas,
and I can´t say
the way I wanted to.
I earned this accent,
most similar
to some kind
of a strange language.

We now got to go shopping,
in the shopping mall,
and we got to eat
all that junk food,
fast food,
and all them
go to the hair stylist,
and all we hear about
is fashion,
is english all over here,
and do we all have
some kind of feeling,
some kind of sensitiveness.
But we no longer feel identified.

We kind of lose our nation,
we're no natives of our land,
we're nothing more
than strangers.
Foreigners who were born in here.

I'd rather love São Paulo
much more than love New York
(although is much easier
to love the last one).

I'd rather say "portuguêis"
much more than say "portuguese".

We have all the rock and roll,
and we do have some popular music,
born in here, that grows here everyday.
But I don't know, sometimes
I feel like the blues seems more
contagious,
and then I feel blue.

I rather love my place,
my country,
my land
(pleasant land),
even though
some of my brothers here
try so much
to build ruins over
all that's beautiful here.
But I swear,
I still have my faith
in all the people that lives in here,
but I just don't know
how long I can stand from here.

Um comentário:

Maurício Campos Mena disse...

nem entrei pra falar do texto, até porque inglês num e meu forte. Queria falar do layout: massa agora,mano! Tava muito amador. Esse ficou clean, as cores com uma composição boa...curti.
abraço,mano!